Thursday, November 6, 2014

Life is Fatal

It's true.  None of us get out of here alive.  Someday, somehow our bodies are going to quit working and we're going to leave this planet.

The question is.... what will you do in the mean time?

Yeah I know it kind of sounds dumb.  It did to me when someone first asked me that years ago.  I think I said something like "I hate this place!  All I'm doing is getting through and waiting to die!"

I really felt that way.  But over time I decided that I may as well fill the time with "something" other than just waiting.

And I started doing just that.  First it was little stuff like looking up old TV shows I hadn't seen in a long time and songs I liked but hadn't heard in forever.  Then it was making some of my favorite foods (I used to love to cook but lost interest at some point).  Then I took up knitting again... for a day.  Not interested in that anymore.  Then drawing.  Liked that for a while but then lost interest.  Then surfing the net to learn new things.  That was fun.  Then I started trying what I'd learned.  Then I started going places I'd heard about.  Then this. And that.  And this other thing.

Over time life became interesting and I no longer thought so much about wanting to die NOW.

"Someday" was good enough, and it might be good enough for you too.  And who knows, maybe in the interim you'll be able to have a few adventures.

So remember... life is fatal anyway so you may as well do something while you're waiting to die.


No comments:

Post a Comment