Sunday, December 14, 2014

Heading into the holiday bleh!

Figured it was time to say something about holidays.  Statistically I hear that more people either commit suicide or try to during this time of year, and of those who don't a lot more think about it.

I used to.  I used to a lot and from right after Halloween until well after the New Year I was uber-depressed and well, I wanted to die.

I hated it.  I tried to avoid it.  I moped around.  I collapsed after every obligatory gathering.  And worse... if I found myself having the teeniest bet of fun I'd get really mad and work doubly hard to be miserable!

Not any more.  I can't say I get excited about the holidays, all that glitter and consumer-driven bunk or any of it.  I don't.  I just don't care any more.

I play the holidays may way and I do what I want, even if that means doing nothing at all. It alleviates the pressure and stress and makes me a whole lot happier.

So ok what about you?

If you want to die this holiday then I invite you to try something else instead.  Think about what you want.  And what you don't want.  And then do that.  You can always die next year, right?

Oh, and if you're down because of pressure with money, obligation, people, health and other things then stay tuned... because I'm going to cover that here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment